The winter months definitely have their perks – yummy hot chocolate by the fire, holiday parties, snow ball fights and unforgettable fun with your friends and family. Such special moments (and photos of the moments) shouldn’t be ruined by dry skin making you look flat and even crusty lol. Achieving that dewy glow throughout the holidays is much easier than you may think. Here are some of our simple and effective steps and products that will help you glow your way through the holidays. X
1. Invest in a face mist. We use these religiously as they add the perfect touch of glow to a fresh face. Face mists can even be used as a make-up setting spray to liven up a winter glam look. Tash loves the La Mer Face Spray and Dev lives by the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. These are also amazing to help you stay fresh on a long flight.
2. Get a face water spray! This may sound similar to the face mist mentioned above but it’s totally different. A hydrating face water spray can awaken tired skin and refresh you at any point throughout the day. They’re super gentle as the main ingredient is usually water, so you can use it as many times as you need. We love to spray a freshly washed face first thing in the morning and right after we take off our make-up in the evening. You’ll find yourself smiling saying “mmmmmm” because it feels and smells so good. Our favorite is the Caudalie Grape Water Spray.
3. Use an overnight face oil! Now if you’ve never used a face oil before it could sounds scary at first because of the word oil, but trust us they don’t cause breakouts. Face oils are actually so good for hydrating the skin, reducing wrinkles, shrinking pores, and calming down any rashes. Once you get used to the routine of using a face oil you won’t be able to live without it.
4. Try substituting out your powder based make-up products for cream based products. Cream bronzers, highlighters and blush are fantastic options to give your winter glam a true glow.
5. Drink a ton of water! This is obvious, we know, but sometimes during the holiday craziness it’s easy to forget. Holiday parties tend to involve higher alcohol consumption levels than normal so it is imperative for the health of your skin to balance this out with lots of water. This may be the most important thing you can do for your skin to achieve that desired glow.
YOU GLOW GIRL! x